PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Dallas office
- Specializes in providing client relationship management for all Ryan practice services.
- Practice focus includes all industries with emphasis in retail, manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
- Member, Ryan, LLC Board of Managers
- Investment Advisory Committee, Ryan
- Member, Ryan PAC Board of Managers
- Manager, Sales and Use Tax, national accounting firm
- Responsible for providing state and local sales and use, franchise, and multistate income tax services to clients across the southwestern United States.
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Large Case Tax Auditor, Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Conducted audits of Fortune 1000 taxpayers for multistate income/franchise and sales and use tax compliance.
Mr. Trester conducts numerous speaking engagements and tax seminars. Topics covered include multistate income tax, franchise tax, transaction tax, nexus issues related to a variety of taxes, and other related tax and non-tax matters. He has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- National Business Institute
- Tax Executives Institute
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Dallas/Fort Worth State Tax Association
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting, University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Licensed in Texas
(Ryan is not a CPA firm.)